SNEHA is working for children of 3-18 years with special focus on girls from Devadasi and dalith families. Though children from scheduled caste, schedule tribe and from other castes are covered in education project in Jagalur block in Davangere district, prime focus of SNEHA is children from Devadasi and dalith families. Women from Devadasi and dalith families are covered as the prime beneficiaries in the project. SNEHA is working with SDMC (School Development and Monitoring Committee) members, Bala Vikasa Samithi members in protecting the rights of children.
Devadasi and dalith families are socio-economically poor and are most marginalized section of the society. They are feeling helpless in mobilizing government programmes.
Geographical Area of Operation
- SNEHA is working in 165 villages in Jagalur block of Davangere district for enrollment, retention and quality education in government schools through capacity building of SDMC (School Development and Monitoring Committee), BVS (Bala Vikasa Samithi) and parents.
- SNEHA is working in selected 25 villages in Kudligi Taluk, 25 villages in Hospet Taluk, 30 villages in Ballari Taluk and 20 villages in Siruguppa Taluk in Ballari district.
- SNEHA is working in 16 villages in Koppal Taluk and Yalburga Taluk and 40 villages in Gangavathi taluk of Koppala District.
- SNEHA is covering 223 villages in Kudligi Taluk by outreach programs of Childline-Sub Centre.
- SNEHA is engaged in organising of Devadasi women under the banner Muktha Network to help them to bargain for policies and programs for their overall development in 14 districts of North Karnataka.